Here it is again – I hope that the small select few of us that complete this meme can perhaps spread the word so we have a few more participants this year. However it is always great to see fellow book bloggers joining in.
When did all this begin?
I started it in 2012 on a whim and it has been going ever since! – That means it is 10 years old this year 2022!
If you want to look back at the previous years and get a flavour then please do.
What is it all about?
The idea being that as the end of June approaches and we are then halfway through the year, let us share the books we have read in those first 6 months. In fact let’s share 6 books in 6 categories, or if time is of the essence then simply share just 6 books. Whatever combination works for you as long as it involves 6 books. Of course the same book can obviously feature in more than one category.
What categories can I choose from?
- Six new authors to me
- Six authors I have read before
- Six authors I am looking forward to reading more of
- Six books I have enjoyed the most
- Six books I was disappointed with
- Six series of books read or started
- Six authors I read last year – but not so far this year
- Six books that took me on extraordinary journeys
- Six books that took me by the hand and led me into the past
- Six books from the past that drew me back there
- Six books from authors I know will never let me down
- Six books I must mention that don’t fit nicely into any category
- Six books I started in the first six months of the year and was still caught up with in July
- Six trips to Europe
- Six blogging events I enjoyed
- Six bookish things I’m looking forward to
- Six Espionage or Historical Novels I enjoyed
- Six Cool Classics
- Six Non-US/Non-British Authors
- Six From the Non-Fiction Shelf
- Six books that didn’t live up to expectations
- Six books that I had one or two problems with but am still glad I tried
- Six books that are related to The Great War or Second World War
- Six bookshops I have visited
- Six books I’ve read in an English translation
- Six books which are better than the film
- Six books which are worse than the film
- Six books that have sport as their major theme
- Six favourite places to read
- Six books read on kindle and then went and bought an actual copy
- Six books I abandoned
- Six classics I have read
- Six books I have read on my Kindle
- Six physical books I have read
- Six book covers I love
- Six book covers that bear no resemblance to the story contained within
- Six books to read to avoid politics
- Six books I have read but not reviewed
- Six books I have read in lockdown
- Six classic mysteries
- Six books about Royalty
- Six pretty book covers
- Six books set in a country other than my own
- Six books that feature a Pandemic
- Six books that are great when self-isolating
- Six books recently added to my wish list
- Six mysteries, thrillers or crime novels NOT by Agatha Christie
- Six books with titles connected to rivers, seas and storms
- Six nature related books
- Six books about Librarians and Libraries
- Six books I really want to buy in the next six months
- Six books that feature a building in the title
Or you can come up with your own category, (If you do: please comment and I can add them to this list for future years)
What do I need to post?
Simply choose six of the categories above and list six books under that category. Some bloggers use pictures, some put excerpts of reviews. The main thing being it is six categories and six books. Of course if you want to do a shorter version, then just post something about six books you have read in the first six months of 2022.
Please link back to this post and/or my blog and share this post so we can have lots of people joining in. All those that participate I will endeavour to collate into one post.
When do I post?
Anytime in July. We have reading days left of June and that book might well fit nicely into one of the categories.
Please spread the word and get people to join in and let them know that we are all halfway through our 2022 reading year!
53 thoughts on “Six in Six – 2022 Edition”
What a great idea. The difficulty will be trying to decide which category to go for!
Thanks for hosting this again, Jo! I’ll have to start thinking about my categories.
I’m gonna try to join again this year! 😀
I’m planning for 6 books in one category post…..going for the minimalist badge yet again!
I so look forward to this event each year, however I think I am going to have to be especially creative this year with my topic choices, as I have only finished a measly 9 books so far this year! 😅
Fantastic! I’ll definitely be joining in again Jo, and I’ll spread the word too!
As I don’t have a blog (as yet) i can still join in. Trying to decide which category to do.
Yeah! So happy this is back–it’s fun!
Here’s my post….jumping the gun a bit because end of June and all of July is especially busy for me. https://readingladies.com/2022/06/23/6-favorite-historical-fiction-in-6-months-2022-6booksin6months-throwbackthursday/
I look forward to this every year, so I’ve started thinking about this – so many categories to choose from!
Love doing this. Here’s mine! https://hopewellslibraryoflife.wordpress.com/2022/07/05/july-1-six-in-six-for-2022/
Thanks for doing this. This is my first time, here is my post: https://wordsandpeace.com/2022/07/06/year-2022-six-in-six/
I’ll try to do one — my first time joining although I always enjoy seeing what others come up with.
And here is my post:
I posted my list today. It was so much fun to do. Thanks for hosting and coming up with the idea.
I love this meme, Jo! What a great idea ❤️
Great idea! I chose 6 categories and posted here: http://bibliographicmanifestations.blogspot.com/2022/07/6-in-6.html
Thank you very much for joining in.
I found your post on Emma’s site Words and Peace and have just posted my Six in Six. Such a great idea. Thank you.
I suppose you answered on my post but it appears as Anonymous. The blogger world seems to be going mad at the moment, I’ve had the problem of commenting as anonymous.
In any case, my pleasure and thanks for doing this in the first place.
That was me 😁
I thought so.
Here’s my Six in Six post for this year. I enjoyed putting it together!
I’m a first-time participant. This was fun — thanks! http://www.joyweesemoll.com/2022/07/10/six-in-six-sundaysalon/
Coming back after a break. Here is my post for Six in Six. https://thecontentreader.blogspot.com/2022/07/six-in-six-2022-edition.html
Thanks for hosting this again! Here is my post:
I finally got round to writing and publishing my post https://witchyreading.wordpress.com/2022/07/14/six-in-six-july-2022/
This was fun – and a challenge to decide… Here’s my post (be warned – it’s in Norwegian…)
Tusen takk for at du ble med. Du er den første besøkende som har lagt ut innlegg på et annet språk. Jeg besøkte Norge for noen år siden og elsket det og vil en dag gjerne komme tilbake og se mer av landet.
Jeg kan ikke norsk, så takk til Google Translate!
I didn’t think I’d post in time, but I have!
Here is my post: