Here it is again – I hope that the small select few of us that complete this meme can perhaps spread the word so we have a few more participants this year. However it is always great to see fellow book bloggers joining in.
When did all this begin?
I started it in 2012 on a whim and it has been going ever since!
If you want to look back at the previous years and get a flavour then please do.
What is it all about?
The idea being that as the end of June approaches and we are then halfway through the year, let us share the books we have read in those first 6 months. In fact let’s share 6 books in 6 categories, or if time is of the essence then simply share just 6 books. Whatever combination works for you as long as it involves 6 books. Of course the same book can obviously feature in more than one category.
What categories can I choose from?
- Six new authors to me
- Six authors I have read before
- Six authors I am looking forward to reading more of
- Six books I have enjoyed the most
- Six books I was disappointed with
- Six series of books read or started
- Six authors I read last year – but not so far this year
- Six books that took me on extraordinary journeys
- Six books that took me by the hand and led me into the past
- Six books from the past that drew me back there
- Six books from authors I know will never let me down
- Six books I must mention that don’t fit nicely into any category
- Six books I started in the first six months of the year and was still caught up with in July
- Six trips to Europe
- Six blogging events I enjoyed
- Six bookish things I’m looking forward to
- Six Espionage or Historical Novels I enjoyed
- Six Cool Classics
- Six Non-US/Non-British Authors
- Six From the Non-Fiction Shelf
- Six books that didn’t live up to expectations
- Six books that I had one or two problems with but am still glad I tried
- Six books that are related to The Great War or Second World War
- Six bookshops I have visited
- Six books I’ve read in an English translation
- Six books which are better than the film
- Six books which are worse than the film
- Six books that have sport as their major theme
- Six favourite places to read
- Six books read on kindle and then went and bought an actual copy
- Six books I abandoned
- Six classics I have read
- Six books I have read on my Kindle
- Six physical books I have read
- Six book covers I love
- Six book covers that bear no resemblance to the story contained within
- Six books to read to avoid politics
- Six books I have read but not reviewed
- Six books I have read in lockdown
- Six classic mysteries
- Six books about Royalty
- Six pretty book covers
- Six books set in a country other than my own
Or you can come up with your own category, (If you do: please comment and I can add them to this list for future years)
What do I need to post?
Simply choose six of the categories above and list six books under that category. Some bloggers use pictures, some put excerpts of reviews. The main thing being it is six categories and six books. Of course if you want to do a shorter version, then just post something about six books you have read in the first six months of 2020
Please link back to this post and/or my blog and share this post so we can have lots of people joining in. All those that participate I will endeavour to collate into one post.
When do I post?
Anytime in July. We have reading days left of June and that book might well fit nicely into one of the categories.
Please spread the word and get people to join in and let them know that we are all halfway through our 2020 reading year!
37 thoughts on “Six in Six – 2020 Edition”
Daily, since I realised we were nearly at the end of June, I have been hoping expectantly for this announcement post! Thank you Jo – I really look forward to taking part again this year. Now I need to go decide which categories to choose! 😁
Glad to know you will be joining in.
I too have felt like this! Looking forward to taking part again.
So glad you’re doing this again this year I love joining in! 😀
I was hoping you’d be doing this again! I’ll be joining in once I decide on my categories.
I’ve been wondering if you’d be doing this again this year! So, I’ll be joining in too.
Oh, I’ll do my best to take part this month!
I’m creating a post today….do you have a hash tag for this meme?
No hashtag, please just link back.
Great! I posted today…..I’ll drop a link on your post too!
Here’s my post! It was a fun post to write! https://readingladies.com/2020/07/11/6-in-6-2020/
Here’s mine too! I did enjoy looking back over the books I’ve read this year. Thanks for hosting!
What a lovely way to while away a cold, rainy afternoon – thanks Jo.
My debut at six in six is here – http://bronasbooks.blogspot.com/2020/07/six-in-six.html
I also created a couple of new categories 🙂
I’m new to this game, but I love it! Thanks! https://howlingfrog.blogspot.com/2020/07/six-in-six-2020.html
A little late – here is my link:
Here’s my post! https://readingladies.com/2021/06/30/6-favorite-historical-fiction-in-6-months-2021-6booksin6months-throwbackthursday/