I seem to be on a bit of a roll at the moment in finishing things off and crossing items off lists. I do like the satisfaction that crossing something off your list can bring.
I have finished a piece of cross stitch, a book related one too, that has been on the go for a while. I have started and finished a knitted hedgehog.
- I have started another piece of cross stitch…..
- I am busy trying to finish a pair of socks…..
I have completed a jigsaw which had been hanging around for over 2 years and is now complete, so I started another one…..
- I am now starting to think about Christmas Presents, and ones that I could possible make……
- I have been away to somewhere new and would love to tell you all about it….
- I have watched the latest adaptation of An Inspector Calls on the television and I want to share my thoughts about it and the play which I reread before it started…..
- Stanley is still delighting everyone and is now 17 weeks old, with teeth as sharp as razors and a personality to match!
- I want to share some of my baking virtually of course……
This time I am sharing some stitching. I dread to think how long I have had Little House Needleworks ‘The Library’ on the go.
Looking back I posted this picture in July 2011 – yes 2011!
And there was an update in December of the same year, yes still 2011.
And then it went a bit quiet clearly for around 4 years. Anyone who does any sort of craft will probably know this, plenty is started and plenty hangs around. Which is why periodically I go through a finishing off phase. I also think because Cross Stitch is not as popular as it was, it takes a back seat. Just like phases, it will become popular again I am sure.
So if you have waiting to see the finished picture for the last 4 years I can only apologise but here it is
Please excuse the photography it is not one of my many hobbies!
And a bit more of a close up. This was literally hot off the needle.
It will now transfer to the tin where I keep all my finished but unframed items… who knows what for but one day it may have a frame and reside happily upon my wall.
The trouble is when you get to the end of something, you are inspired to start something else, especially something which has been hanging around in your baskets,boxes,drawers etc for a while. I am drawn to particular designers and ideas and very much like pieces that contain words.
But for what I have started next….. that will come in another post.