This is the fourth year for 6 in 6!
I started it in 2012, gave it another go in 2013 and went into 2014, it seems only right to keep it going and it is a reasonably good meme to join in if you rarely do them.
The idea being that as the end of June approaches and we are then halfway through 2015, let us share the books we have read in those first 6 months. In fact let’s share 6 books in 6 categories, or simply just 6 books. Whatever you want to and the same book can obviously feature in more than one category.
Here are some ideas for headings for your 6 book choices:
- Six new authors to me
- Six authors I have read before
- Six authors I am looking forward to reading more of
- Six books I have enjoyed the most
- Six books I was disappointed with
- Six series of books read or started
- Six authors I read last year – but not so far this year
- Six books that took me on extraordinary journeys
- Six books that took me by the hand and led me into the past
- Six books from the past that drew me back there
- Six books from authors I know will never let me down
- Six books I must mention that don’t fit nicely into any category
- Six books I started in the first six months of the year and was still caught up with in July
- Six trips to Europe
- Six blogging events I enjoyed
- Six bookish things I’m looking forward to
- Six Espionage or Historical Novels I enjoyed
- Six Cool Classics
- Six Non-US/Non-British Authors
- Six From the Non-Fiction Shelf
- Six books that didn’t live up to expectations
- Six books that I had one or two problems with but am still glad I tried
- Six books that are related to The Great War or Second World War
- Six bookshops I have visited
- Six books I’ve read in an English translation
All you have to do is pick 6 categories that you want to use or come up with your own (If you do: please comment and I can add them to this list for future years). Then pick 6 books that fit into those 6 categories and post to your blog. Post any time in July, because I bet we all have books to finish in June that may well fit into a category!
I would be grateful for a link back to this blog and of course please spread the word! I will be back in July with my 6 in 6.
11 thoughts on “Six in Six 2015 Version”
I have been looking forward to this meme, thank you for bringing it back again. I already have my post drafted out 🙂
I’ve already had a trial run, just to see what categories might work this year …
I was hoping you would be doing this again. I think I’ve already decided on my categories for this year!
I’ll be joining in too – glad you’re doing this this year.
I posted my six in six today. Here’s the link:
Here’s the link to my Six in Six – http://www.booksplease.org/2015/07/09/six-in-six-2015/