The idea being that as the end of June approaches and we are then halfway through 2014, let us share the books we have read in those first 6 months. In fact let’s share 6 books in 6 categories, or simply just 6 books. Whatever you want to and the same book can obviously feature in more than one category.
Here are some ideas for headings for your 6 book choices:
- Six new authors to me;
- Six authors I have read before;
- Six authors I am looking forward to reading more of;
- Six books I have enjoyed the most;
- Six books I was disappointed with;
- Six series of books read or started
- Six authors I read last year – but not so far this year
- Six books that took me on extraordinary journeys
- Six books that took me by the hand and led me into the past
- Six books from the past that drew me back there
- Six books from authors I know will never let me down
- Six books I must mention that don’t fit nicely into any category
- Six books I started in the first six months of the year and was still caught up with in July
- Six trips to Europe:
- Six blogging events I enjoyed:
- Six bookish things I’m looking forward to:
- Six Espionage or Historical Novels I enjoyed
- Six Cool Classics
- Six Non-US/Non-British Authors
- Six From the Non-Fiction Shelf
- Six books that didn’t live up to expectations
- Six books that I had one or two problems with but am still glad I tried.
My new one for this year:
- Six books that are related to The Great War or Second World War
All you have to do is pick 6 categories that you want to use or come up with your own (If you do: please comment and I can add them to this list for future years). Then pick 6 books that fit into those 6 categories and post to your blog. Post any time in July, because I bet we all have books to finish in June that may well fit into a category!
I would be grateful for a link back to this blog if you can and of course please spread the word! I will be back in July with my 6 in 6.